Classic Audi » Community » Spotted! » Google Maps 90 20v quattro Sport?

Old 09-12-22, 08:59 AM   #1
Obli
Grown up member
Classic Audi Club Member

Default Google Maps 90 20v quattro Sport?

Hi folks,

Yesterday I was using Google Maps to find a local address (near Stroud, Gloucestershire). I switched to street view to get a visual of where I was heading, did a 180 degree spin to get my bearings and blow me down, is that a 90 20v quattro Sport? Has to be. Colour coded door handles, thinner door / bumper strips, blurred badging seems like a fit. Presuming not an 80 16v Sport as presumably they kept the 80 headlight / indicator pairing?

I was really excited to have a look in person, hopeful to see it. A bit too hopeful - not there! Looked back online and Google Maps says '13 years ago'. Dammit!

Some sort of seat and steering wheel covers. That better not be a Nardi 3 spoke steering wheel under there!

Anyone recognise this? Got some distinctive stickers at the back, too. EDIT: just a GB sticker on the left and England flag on the right?

Look here...
https://maps.app.goo.gl/u3e9oe7L4qN5V3XB9

Last edited by Obli; 09-12-22 at 09:05 AM.
Obli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-22, 01:55 PM   #2
K Simmonds
Classic Audi Club Member

Good spot, that's a 90 and probably a quattro, well I'm 99% sure it is, has the 90 lights and front bumper as well as the body trims and wheels.

13 years ago is quite a while, if you look up the No plate on the MOT back check site you'll be able to find out if it's still on the road and roughly where it lives... If it still lives.

It was about 13 years ago I broke a pair of B3 80 quattros, an 8V and a 16V... They were worth so little back then and I didn't have anything like the space I've got now so I just pulled the engines out and nice bits like the steering wheels and VDO's etc off the 16V and scrapped the rest. I know it was when scrap was at an all time high, like £250 per ton, kicking myself now though for not keeping the running gear, or at least the gearboxes.

Thing is back then I lived in the middle of a village and I couldn't break a car outside like now, had to do it all over a pit in my single car workshop and they needed to stay rolling so I could get them out and on a trailer to take to Hereford. Plus I was working full time so had to complete the entire operation with each car over a weekend then weigh them in first thing on a Monday morning.

I did well out of it as I filled them with all sorts of other scrap from local farms to get the weight up, but I'd wish I had the rear subframes now.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 09-12-22 at 01:57 PM.
K Simmonds is offline   Reply With Quote