Classic Audi » Community » General Chat » Market for Coupes

Old 11-10-24, 08:26 AM   #1
Davids
4 ring whore!

Default Market for Coupes

Well glad this site is back up again, been a wealth of info for me, and the FB sites I cant get on with, or the majority of people on there, but that could be my age ;-)

But now onto a question for the more knowledgeable out there.

So my Coupe I have had for quite a few years, done a lot to it but for the last 2 years I've not used it, so its the same old question, are they selling for them that have been selling recently.
I have spoken to Mark on here at length, as we do, and have some thoughts, but as we say the more the merrier.

Its a 1991, 2.3 20V 7A car, its a good 10 footer but would look so much better painted.
Mech is good so is interior, now have matching coupe driver seat, just have the headlining to replace.

Now I can paint it, but just finished a 4 year MGB GT V8 resto, rotisserie resto and back to as new which is to be sold for pension, so it was an involved restoration, so I'm not sure if I have the will to paint another car just to sell it if it doesn't add any value.

I am looking to move the car on at some stage soon, but as we know if the market isn't there then its not worth the money or time to strip and paint, just MOT clean and move on.

I know I can advertise it and see what the market is like but you boys and girls may have a better idea before I get to that stage.

Thanks in advance for any comments, always good to chat and get ideas
Cheers
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audi front resized.jpg (425.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Aidi rear resized.jpg (110.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Audi interior resized.jpg (87.6 KB, 5 views)
Davids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-24, 10:42 AM   #2
tractor Dave
Classic Audi Club Member

They are not making anything near what they should. All Classic cars are down in the dumps. A lovely S2 Coupe sold at auction recently for £9k! A couple of years back project cars were £10k. A project S2 sold on the forum recently for £6k and had some Rs2 parts!!!
If you can keep it i would, otherwise only a couple of grand atm sadly.
As yours is a 20v the cylinder head adds value because it can be modified to fit an S2.
tractor Dave is offline   Reply With Quote